Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 2 of Human Geo


So Human Geo is my favorite class so far.  Today in class we got all of our blogs working.  Mine was already set up, so I got to talk to the people next to me next to me.   I talked to Maria, I knew Maria from basketball she was on my team for about 3 years.  She was also on my soccer team.  I also talked to Savanna I have talk to her before but I realized that she is really nice and funny.  I talked to Taylor she sits across.  She was also very nice and she was loud too.  The boy that sits next to me was nice but he was quiet and kind of shy.  Over all today was a great day in human Geo.  Even though soon we will begin actually learning things and studying.  The class will hopefully stay my favorite as the year goes on. 

In the time of ancient Geek the word idiot was used to describe a person that was very private. 

Arête – qualities that make up a person with good character  

Polis- means city in Greek

 Socrates- was a philosopher that never wrote and thing but he changed the way people looked at philosophy forever

The death of Socrates- Socrates was condemned to death by drinking hemlock.

The Socratic method- a form of debate from different viewpoints, named after Socrates

The date 508 BC – when war started between Ancient Rome and the Etruscans  

Agora- a central part of cities in in old Greek   

No comments:

Post a Comment