Saturday, January 12, 2013

This Week

           I have had a totally crazy week, on Wednesday, when I got home I went to do my home but I got a horrible migraine.  I passed out around 6:30 and didn't wake up til 7:00 am the next day.  In class we have been talking about Jared Diamond. Papua New Guinea, he where he studied birds and after time started to wonder about why he has so much and people in Papua New Guinea have so little.  He watched locals in the highlands, to see what everyday life was like.  The men could build a house in a number of hours with there own hands and maybe a stone ax.  The women cut down sago trees.  Sago is the gathers main food.  Some locals hunt, but it's hit or miss when you're a hunter.  In Papua New Guinea, they don't have big animals, to help them on farms and for heavy lifting.  The biggest animal they have is a pig. Pigs can't be used for labor though.  We are having a test on this next week.  This is going to be my last week in Mr. Schick's class.  that means this is one of my last blogs :(.  I'm going to miss this class.             

No comments:

Post a Comment